Minimum Advertised Price Policy
Cruiseman's Garage seeks to protect the ability for its resellers to maintain a reasonable profit on the sale of Cruiseman's Garage products. Therefore, we are implementing this Minimum Advertised Price Policy.
This Minimum Advertised Pricing Policy (MAP Policy) will become effective May 1, 2016, and will apply to all distributors and retailers, including internet retailers (collectively referred to as "Resellers"), who resell Cruiseman's Garage products to consumers.
This MAP Policy refers only to the price that an authorized retailer chooses to advertise in all forms of pricing advertisements-not to the price at which an authorized retailer actually sells our products.
This MAP Policy works in the following manner:
1. Cruiseman's Garage will publish its Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices on its website, which may be updated at any time. The MSRP will identify the product(s), and the MSRP (Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price) for those products. Each advertisement of a product must display the MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) to avoid being in violation of this policy. Currently, the MSRP for Cruiseman's Garage DVDs is $89.99
2. Cruiseman's Garage DVDs may, at the discretion of the Reseller, be advertised at a discounted price of no less than $79.99 (a $10 discount). Therefore, the Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) for Cruiseman's DVDs is $79.99.
Covered Advertising shall include, but not necessarily be limited to:
1. Print advertising such as magazines, print inserts, brochures;
2. Broadcast advertising such as radio, videos, pod casts and TV;
3. Direct advertising such as catalogs, flyers, newsletters, direct mail pieces/coupons, and broadcast faxes, whether mailed, hand-delivered, or shipped in-box with product;
4. Electronic mail (e-mail) advertising. Any web pages that link from the e-mail are considered part of the e-mail advertisement;
5. Internet advertising such as banner, display, roll-over, pop-up, and pop-under ads;
6. And any website accessible to the public including traditional retailers, club membership sites, e-tailers, vendors, portals, shopping sites, blogs, forums, auction sites, etc.
3. The inclusion in advertising of free or discounted products with a product covered by this MAP Policy would be contrary to this Policy if it has the effect of violating the MAP of the covered Cruiseman's Garage product.
4. This MAP Policy applies only to advertised prices and does not apply to the price at which Cruiseman's Garage products are actually sold or offered for sale to an individual consumer. Resellers remain free to sell these products at any prices they choose under these circumstances. The policy only affects the publicly advertised price.
7. This MAP Policy does not establish maximum advertised prices. All Resellers may offer Cruiseman's Garage products at any price in excess of the MSRP.
8. Internet auctions may not display or have a reserved bid or other prices less than the MAP.
8. Pricing listed on an Internet site is considered an "advertised price" and must adhere to this Policy. Statements such as "add to basket to see price", "call for price" or similar phrases are acceptable as long as the price advertised or listed for the products is not lower than the MAP.
9. Violations of the Policy will be addressed under this three-step enforcement process:
First violation: Reseller will receive verbal or written notification informing the Reseller that it is in violation of the MAP Policy and must take corrective action within 72 hours for electronic advertisements (email/internet sites) and the relevant production cycle for print and other advertisements, but no longer than 30 days. If corrective action is not implemented within the aforementioned time frame, Reseller will be placed on a no-ship status until the corrections have been effected.
Second violation within 180 days of first violation: Reseller will receive verbal or written notification informing the Reseller that it is in violation of the MAP Policy. Reseller will be placed on a minimum 30 day no ship status. Reseller must take corrective action within 48 hours for electronic advertisements (email/internet sites) and the relevant production cycle for print and other advertisements, but no longer than 30 days. If corrective action is not implemented within the timeframe delineated above, the 30-day no-ship status will be extended until the corrective action is taken.
Third violation within 180 days of the second violation: Reseller will receive a verbal or written notification informing the Reseller that it will be subject to a minimum one (1) year no-ship status. If corrective action is not implemented within the time frame delineated above, the one (1) year prohibition will change to a permanent no-ship status.
11. EXCEPTIONS: There may be times where Cruiseman's Garage has decided to offer promotions or exceptions to its product pricing for a period of time.
Cruiseman's Garage reserves the right to change this policy at any time, without notice. Resellers will be notified of any changes to the MAP policy by email.